Operations and Event Coordinator
Job no: 492556
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: UMBC Campus
Categories: Arts/Technical/Administration, Event Planning/Administration, Other
College of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences
The UMBC Performing Arts and Humanities Building Operations Office is looking for an Operations and Event Coordinator to oversee events, concerts, and productions in the Performing Arts & Humanities Building (PAHB) and assist in the development and implementation of Front of House (FOH) management and event support procedures.
- Oversee all Front of House Operations for publicly attended events in the Performing Arts and Humanities.
- Develop training program for all student FOH employees.
- Assist in the development of the Box Office operations procedures for the PAHB.
- Assist in the planning of the ticketing system for PAHB events and performances.
- Train, schedule, and supervise student front of house staff for all events, concerts, and productions in the PAHB.
- Advance and oversee all details and supervise student technical staff for UMBC internal events in the PAHB.
- Ensure that all ADA regulations are adhered to during events, concerts, and productions in the PAHB.
- Assist in the development of the Emergency Evacuation Procedure for the PAHB and assume leadership role for the PAHB in any emergencies during performances and events.
- Assume leadership role in emergency situations.
- Support departmental box office needs for the Dance, Music, and Theatre departments.
- Communicate with stage management and technical staff during all Dance, Music, and Theatre departmental productions.
- Facilitate the scheduling and coordination of all events and productions in the PAHB.
- Attend meetings for events, concerts, and productions as required.
- Maintain event reports for all events and productions.
- Develop and maintain FOH event archive and history files.
- Assist the Operations Manager with day-to-day management of the PAHB departmental access needs.
- Maintain accurate schedules of classes, rehearsals, and events in 25Live and operational calendars
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with minimum two years of full-time experience in managing Front of House and Events operations for a performing arts venue.
- Experience training and supervising usher and box office staff.
- Experience in Performing Arts, Event Management, and Public Assembly, including knowledge of ADA regulations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office required.
- Must be able to calmly take charge in high-pressure situations including medical emergencies.
- Must be able to rationally and tactfully communicate with different personalities and be comfortable addressing large groups of people.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends on a flexible schedule
- The ability to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with 25Live
- Experience supervising and training student staff
- Experience working in a multi-venue academic facility.
|Background Screening Statement:
A background check will be required.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references with your application.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Review of applications will begin on November 7, 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
||Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
|| Learn more about the PAHB
| Equal Opportunity Statement:
|| UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
|| As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Open Until Filled
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend