Job no: 492557
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: UMBC Campus
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Program Coordination
Sherman Center for Early Learning in Urban Communities
An excellent candidate for this position will be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse stakeholders, interested in urban education, and a highly effective communicator and representative of the Center.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Center policies and practices
- Support Center growth in alignment with vision and mission
- Manage communications through media relations, social media, etc.
- Support planning and coordination of key Center programs and activities
- Help build positive relations with campus and external parties
- Assist in the development of reports and proposals
- Maintain records of Center expenditures and transactions
- Schedule and organize meetings and maintain minutes
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations, etc.)
- Prepare and order materials
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in education, psychology, systems design, communications, or related area
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and multi-disciplinary groups
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office applications including Excel as well as web design applications
Preferred skills and experiences
- Experience working in PreK-3 educational settings
- Experience with grant writing
- Experience with event planning
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Please submit cover letter describing all relevant experience, current resume, and the names and contact information for three employment, professional, or academic references.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||For best consideration submit application materials by November 10, 2017 (applications will be accepted until the position is filled).
||Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
| Equal Opportunity Statement:
|| UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
|| As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Open Until Filled
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend