Business Intelligence Report Developer/General Associate
Job no: 492572
Work type: Temporary/Contingent I
Location: UMBC Campus
Categories: Graphic Design/Web Design, Information Technology/IT
Vice President of Student Affairs
Working within the Division of Student Affairs as a member of the Student Affairs IT (SAIT) team, the Business Intelligence Report Developer/General Associate will design, develop, and implement effective and scalable Business Intelligence solutions including Reports, Data Visualizations, and Dashboards using a variety of tools (Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)/Visual Studio, and SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)).
The Business Intelligence Report Developer will collaborate with stakeholders and other business leaders, subject matter experts, and other report developers to gather and document reporting requirements to meet business needs.
- Maintain confidentiality as outlined by FERPA and university policies
- Perform duties, working in a highly collaborative environment and individually, working autonomously on deliverables.
- Develop reports and dashboards using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, and other reporting tools
- Utilize strong SQL development experience to build efficient queries & stored procedures
- Use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to develop and maintain SQL queries and stored procedures, and SSRS reports
- Create and maintain documentation for reports and dashboards
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather and understand business requirements to set functional specifications for reporting and dashboard applications
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications that will be used to implement reports and dashboards
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
- Provide input to project planning, status and review meetings
- Clearly convey the key insights or "story" the data reveals in a visual format that is grouped, summarized, or formatted to be easily understood and actionable
- Perform other duties as assigned
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Proficient SQL skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Some background in programming or web development
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience or AA degree and 7 years of experience required in systems development including systems analysis, programming, and/or database management
|Background Screening Statement:
A background check may be required.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please provide cover letter, resume and 3 professional references. Provide an example of a stored procedure which accurately represents your skills and abilities.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Best consideration given to applicants who apply by December 4, 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
||Hourly rate $30-$45/hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
||Full-time, 40 hours/week
||Temporary, Contingent I
||This is a temporary position. Initial contract is for six months with the possibility of renewal.
| Equal Opportunity Statement:
|| UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
|| As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend