Director of Budget and Resource Analysis
Job no: 492613
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: UMBC Campus
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Business/Accounting/Finance, Executive/Director/Management
Office of Budget & Resource Analysis - Financial Services
The position of Director of Budget and Resource Analysis resides in the University’s Budget Office within the Office of Financial Services. The individual selected will utilize planning, organizational, financial and IT skills to provide the campus with a variety of financial related information. The incumbent will be responsible for managing all aspects of the annual operating budget development for the campus. The position supervises two professional staff support positions. The position will also provide staff support for campus-wide planning activities and the University’s Budget Committee. The position will work closely with the University of Maryland System office in providing information to respond to administration and legislative requests; and work on numerous projects that require UMBC input. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: preparing periodic/ad-hoc financial reports and cost studies/analyses; assisting with the annual capital budget development; long range financial and capital planning using our Whitebirch forecasting tool; coordinating the student fee process; and performing other duties as assigned.
The position requires the ability to obtain in-depth knowledge and expertise over a wide array of PeopleSoft Financial, Human Resources, and Student Administration software modules.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
Requires a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration or related field with a minimum of eight years of progressive experience in budget and financial analysis, preferably in higher education.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Experience in development of complex financial models and executive management reports, and working with complex ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, Oracle, Workday or similar systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- A demonstrated aptitude for applying technology to improve business processes, and the ability to work with large amounts of data and complex analyses.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel.
- Master’s degree in business, finance or related field
- Strong managerial and IT skills
- Experience with the State of Maryland budgeting process
- Experience with long-term forecasting software (such as Whitebirch)
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft (version 8.9 or higher) is strongly preferred
|Background Screening Statement:
||A background check will be required.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include a cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references with contact information.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||For best consideration, submit application materials by February 26, 2018 (materials will be accepted until the position is filled).
||Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
| Equal Opportunity Statement:
|| UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
||If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 410-455-2337 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
|| As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Open Until Filled
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend