Associate Director of Corporate Partnerships
Job no: 492669
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: UMBC Campus
Office of Institutional Advancement
The Associate Director of Corporate Partnerships (AD-CP) helps drive the University’s corporate relations program which aims to increase corporate investment and build key partnerships to support UMBC's strategic priorities. The incumbent will be charged with sustaining and expanding a strong university-wide corporate relations program that emphasizes long-term, holistic relationships.
The AD-CP reports to the Assistant Vice President for Careers & Corporate Partnerships and works closely with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, College Deans, the Career Center and Research Office.
Projects will include seeking philanthropic support for students and programs, as well as building partnerships that support faculty research. Specific duties include: identifying and cultivating prospective partners; managing a vibrant portfolio of corporate relationships; cultivating and soliciting new gifts; actively stewarding donors; and performing other duties as assigned.
The AD-CP works closely with Deans and faculty of the College of Engineering and Information Technology and the College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences. This position promotes best practices in corporate relations across campus and develops new strategies to ensure productive and lasting corporate engagement.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
This role requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and two years of successful experience in higher ed development, corporate fundraising, economic development or related field, with a strong preference for strategic partnership development experience.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- proven skill communicating with individuals at all levels -- from students to CEOs;
- superior communication and organizational skills;
- ability to manage complex time-sensitive projects with competing deadlines;
- excellent follow through and attention to detail;
- independent decision-making and sound judgment handling confidential material,
- ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment and build consensus among individuals with competing priorities.
|| The incumbent selected for this position should have a demonstrated ability to:
- develop strategic relationships with corporations by identifying business interests that match university priorities and faculty projects;
- work successfully with faculty and staff across a broad range of disciplines, with a focus on engineering, science and information technology;
- cultivate new corporate partners through compelling articulation of UMBC strengths and faculty research;
- shape complex projects into compelling fundraising proposals; and
- steward and manage critical relationships with a wide variety of partners.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Upload a cover letter, resume and a list of references.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||For best consideration, submit application materials by May 1, 2019. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
||Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
| Equal Opportunity Statement:
|| UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
||If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 410-455-2337 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
|| As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Open Until Filled
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend