Contract Administrator - Search Extended
Job no: 492754
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: UMBC Campus
Categories: Business/Accounting/Finance, Other, Procurement/Merchandiser/Buyer
Procurement & Strategic Sourcing
The incumbent is responsible for the procurement activity for complex services contracts, as well as category purchasing in the areas of science and IT, including software across campus. Specific duties include: developing and managing the solicitation process for assigned commodities and services; clarifying requirements for purchases; effectively communicating about the different procurement methods for the University to internal staff and suppliers; investigating sources of supply; negotiating terms of procurement contracts and managing contracts in assigned categories; interpreting and analyzing data and circumstances to further strategic sourcing opportunities and partnerships; and performing other duties as assigned. The incumbent also acts as the procurement card administrator, which involves management of University’s procurement card program, including training.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
A bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business or related field, and five years of successful experience in procurement, legal, or business related field.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Proven skill effectively communicating with individuals at all levels of organizations;
- Superior communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage complex time-sensitive projects with competing deadlines;
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail;
- Independent decision-making and sound judgment handling confidential material;
- Demonstrated ability to extensively take the initiative to locate and resolve problems;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment and build consensus among individuals with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic relationships with suppliers and client end users and work successfully with individuals across a broad range of disciplines
- Experience in higher education procurement or government procurement
- Experience with a procurement card program
- Certification as a CPPB or CPPO
|Background Screening Statement:
A background check will be required.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. Your cover letter should include an explanation of why you are interested in the position and how your skills and experience relate to the job requirements. Your cover letter will serve as a writing sample.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||For best consideration date, submit application materials by January 7, 2019. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
||Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
||UMBC offers a benefits package for regular and grant-funded regular employees including generous leave, excellent health, life, and disability insurance, retirement plans, tuition remission, on-site preschool, and numerous professional development and wellness opportunities. Contractual/Contingent II positions may include some benefits. To learn more about our benefits click here.
| Equal Opportunity Statement:
||UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
||If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 410-455-2337 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
|| As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Open Until Filled
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend