Administrative Assistant II
Job no: 492797
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: UMBC Campus
Categories: Administrative/Clerical Support
The UMBC Education Department offers students undergraduate and graduate programs of study leading to teacher certification.
This staff position supports the department and program administration in day-to-day operations as well as long term research and problem solving. Specific duties include:
- Takes minutes at the Leadership Team and Community Meetings, and other committee meetings;
- Assists Department Manager with unit accreditation tasks;
- Coordinates Departmental website updates;
- Provides administrative support to the Department Chair and Department Manager;
- Composes correspondence;
- Handles incoming phone calls from the general public and from within the university;
- Makes arrangements for travel, interviews, meetings;
- Manages office equipment and related service calls;
- Maintains departmental meeting calendar and meeting room schedule;
- Works closely with Business Services Specialist to issue and track adjunct and PDS contracts;
- Assists with SCEQ preparations;
- Assists with external and internal reporting; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED and three years experience providing administrative support. Must have: commitment to the mission of the Education Department and an understanding of organization-related issues; computer proficiency in Windows environment; excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills; ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work; mature, professional attitude and appearance; openness to continuing learning and upgrading of skills; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective work relationships with employees, students and the general public; team player with a positive attitude; the ability to follow written and verbal instructions and; excellent customer service skills.
||Bachelor's degree preferred.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references with the application
|| November 18, 2018
||Pay Range 09 (starting at $35,728) based on the University System of Maryland Pay Program
||UMBC offers a benefits package for regular and grant-funded regular employees including generous leave, excellent health, life, and disability insurance, retirement plans, tuition remission, on-site preschool, and numerous professional development and wellness opportunities. Contractual/Contingent II positions may include some benefits. To learn more about our benefits click here.
| Equal Opportunity Statement:
|| UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 410-455-2337 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
|| As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend