University Police Officer II - Search Extended
Job no: 492804
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: UMBC Campus
Categories: Police/Public Safety/Parking Control
- Enforce local, state, and federal laws
- Patrol academic and residential areas on foot, bicycle, and Segway
- Provide safety escorts
- Prepare reports and conduct investigations
- Traffic enforcement
- Testify in court
- Other duties as assigned
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED (some college preferred)
- Successful completion of a MPTC Minimum Standard Entrance Level Police Course
- Current police commission as a Maryland police officer
- Valid Maryland Class C driver's license
- The ability to work overtime and shift work is required.
|Background Screening Statement:
A background check will be required.
||January 4, 2019
||Pay Range 12 (starting at $50,000) based on the University System of Maryland Pay Program
||Full-time. The ability to work overtime and shift work is required.
| Equal Opportunity Statement:
||UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
||As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend