Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery
For more information visit: https://library.umbc.edu/
The Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), is looking for an eResources Librarian. This permanent status-eligible full-time, non-tenure track library faculty position at the rank of Librarian II reports to the Associate Director for Technical Services and will oversee the eResources and Serial Unit within the Technical Services Division.
- Reporting to and working collaboratively with the Associate Director for Technical Services, oversees the daily operations of the eResources and Serials Unit within Technical Services.
- Oversees workflows related to managing the life cycle of the Library's electronic resources, including but not limited to acquisitions, access, administration, support, and evaluation.
- Oversees the work related to the database maintenance of the Library's print serials and microfilm collections.
- Establishes access to new electronic resources, monitors platform changes, and works collaboratively to investigate, resolve and communicate access issues in a timely manner.
- Assists with establishing collection development assessment strategies related to electronic resources including the use and understanding of standards and methods for gathering usage data and tracking cost per use.
- Oversees and when needed performs copy cataloging of electronic resources, including ejoumals, ebooks, and other eresources. Oversees batch processing of cataloging records for electronic resource collections.
- Participates in library, campus, consortium, and regional/national communities and organizations as appropriate.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- ALA accredited MLS or equivalent advanced degree.
- 3 years (five preferred) of experience working with electronic resources
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of best practices for managing and using electronic resources.
- Demonstrated experience managing a print serials collection and knowledge of current issues related to maintaining a print serials collection.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cataloging electronic and digital resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic resource industry standards, best practices, and protocols, including but not limited to ER Licensing, SUSHI, and COUNTER.
- Demonstrated experience with electronic resource management systems.
- Knowledge of ER licensing
- Knowledge of integrated library systems
- Knowledge of open URL link resolvers, preferably SFX
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated experience supervising staff and student assistants.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and document procedures.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities.
- Experience with Ex Libris products.
- Experience working with a print serials collection.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
When submitting your application, please upload a cover letter, a resume or curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Please address cover letter to Patrick Dawson, Library Director, UMBC, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery, Room 353, Baltimore, Maryland, 21250
For questions about submitting application materials, contact Teresa Reese at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the position, contact Lynda Aldana at email@example.com
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Review of application materials will begin December 13, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
|Salary & Benefits:
Position is a 12-month library faculty appointment at anticipated rank of Librarian II. Minimum salary: $65,000, comprehensive benefits.
The successful candidate will be expected to meet library and university requirements for reappointment, promotion, and permanent status, as outlined in part 6.6 of the Faculty Handbook - http://provost.umbc.edu/faculty-handbook/.
UMBC, an honors university serving more than 11,000 undergraduates and 2,000 graduate students, is one of two public universities in Maryland to achieve the “doctoral/research university-extensive” Carnegie classification. Located just outside Baltimore and 45 minutes from Washington, DC, the campus is growing rapidly under dynamic leadership.
Our UMBC community redefines excellence in higher education through an inclusive culture that connects innovative teaching and learning, research across disciplines, and civic engagement. We will advance knowledge, economic prosperity, and social justice by welcoming and inspiring inquisitive minds from all backgrounds. The successful candidate will join a department with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence, and will be expected to contribute actively to these efforts (https://diversity.umbc.edu/).
| Equal Opportunity Statement:
||UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
||If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 410-455-2337 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
||As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.