Under the general supervision of the Associate Vice-President of Administration and Finance and the Deputy Budget Director, the individual selected will assist in all aspects of developing and reporting on, the University’s annual operating budget. As part of their portfolio of responsibilities, this position will serve as a subject matter expert and support person for a set of UMBC units and Divisions.
|Why Work at UMBC?
UMBC offers competitive compensation. This role starts at $76,000 and has over 4 weeks of vacation for regular full time roles. Tuition remission is also available.
What is it like to work at UMBC? Check out Glassdoor or Indeed. And read about our recent award, UMBC is a 2023 Great College to Work for…. In every category.
A hybrid telework schedule may be available.
- Analyze financial performance and trends, report findings, and make recommendations and projections based on findings. Conduct detailed variance analysis on key drivers of projections within assigned units and University in total.
- Review and analyze annual budget submissions from campus departments. Assist campus departments with budget related questions; performing follow up functions to ensure the departments adhere budget guidance, managing the process for internal budget amendments.
- Create financial reports and presentations that are provided to campus leadership.
- Compile data for the annual budget submission to the University System of Maryland and the State & administering any external budget reporting systems required to distribute financial information to the University System of Maryland or the State.
- Coordinate campus responses to applicable legislation proposed by the General Assembly.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration or related field.
- 3 years of budget, financial, and forecasting experience.
Experience in budgetary, financial, or forecasting experience in Higher Education preferred.
|Background Screening Statement:
A background check will be required.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Upload a cover letter and a resume.
|Open Until Filled
UMBC offers a rich benefits package.
Regular and grant funded regular positions (Full benefits summary click here):
Generous Leave which includes accruing:
- 22 Days of Annual Leave
- 15 Days of Sick Leave
- 15 Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 8 credit hours per semester
- Tuition remission at UMBC for eligible dependents after two years of FT employment
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plans (including the choice of joining the pension plan)
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness opportunities
- & Much more
Contingent II positions may include some benefits.
Benefits offered align with type (Regular, Contingent II, etc.) of position.
|Salary starts at $76,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
| Equal Opportunity Statement:
|UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
|As an institution that receives federal financial assistance, UMBC adheres to Title IX and does not discriminate on the basis of sex. For more information about Title IX and contact information for Title IX Coordinator click here.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 410-455-2337 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
|As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.