Work Controller Supervisor - Search Reopened
Job no: 493135
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: UMBC Campus
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Facilities/Grounds/Skilled Trades, Program Coordination
Residential Life provides facilities, services, and programs that support the academic mission of the institution and enhance quality of life for students who live on campus.
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Facilities Operations, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting with the overall administration of facilities work control. The Supervisor will directly supervise up to two Graduate Assistants, summer PA staff, and a student Front Desk Operations team. The Work Control Supervisor is an essential member of UMBC’s creative and dynamic Residential Life team dedicated to providing a safe, comfortable, and exceptional facility for residents and guests to live and learn. Specific duties include:
- Coordinate and assign work requests in work order management software system;
- Assign all work orders and determine their priority level;
- Communicate to individuals and shops regarding existing work orders;
- Ensure priority work orders are addressed immediately;
- Communicate directly to students, staff and other stakeholders as related to work orders and Residential Life Facilities related matters;
- Maintain work order history database;
- Direct and monitor all work order system operations in concert with FM to ensure proper system processing and coordination;
- Coordinate access for contractors and FM tradesmen;
- Monitor escorts and building access for all service providers in the residence halls by issuing temporary keys and cards;
- Monitor service provided at the front desks and by routine contractors: pest control, laundry services, vending, micro fridge, bed-loft, glass repair, and paper shredding company;
- Maintain contractor service log;
- Work with staff in the field to diagnose and repair complex facilities issues by applying problem solving techniques and general knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Serve as customer service representative for Facilities;
- Generate reports as requested by administrators and other office staff by suing the functions in the work order management system;
- Assist in the procurement of new equipment and technology by providing expertise in the management of work flow and facilities/conference operations:
- Coordinate room and apartment maintenance repairs and summer conference use;
- Monitor rooms being turned and cleaned by maintenance and housekeeping staff;
- Monitor cleaning and maintenance lists for opening, closing, and conferences.
- Monitor student/group moves and summer conferences to ensure rooms/apartments are ready to be occupied;
- Coordinate and format information provided by housekeeping, maintenance, and conference staff (cleaning lists and maintenance projects);
- Provide notification and communication to students regarding maintenance repairs and service;
- Serve on various University committees and task forces;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years experience in scheduling and determining resource requirements in trades occupations to include at least two years in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Note: Additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills and abilities required may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
- Higher education and/or residential life experience
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
When submitting your application, please upload a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
||February 18, 2020
||Pay Range 10 (starting at $39,732) based on the University System of Maryland Pay Program
||UMBC offers a benefits package for regular and grant-funded regular employees including generous leave, excellent health, life, and disability insurance, retirement plans, tuition remission, on-site preschool, and numerous professional development and wellness opportunities. Contingent II positions may include some benefits. To learn more about our benefits click here.
| Equal Opportunity Statement:
||UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 410-455-2337 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
||As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend