Department of Education
The Incumbent will work with the Department Chair, program directors, department manager, faculty, faculty advisors, and assessment committee to develop reports and manage data and assessments for accreditation agency, national, state and local partners.
|Why Work at UMBC?
UMBC offers competitive compensation. This role starts at $55,000 and has over 4 weeks of vacation for regular full time roles. Tuition remission is also available.
What is it like to work at UMBC? Check out Glassdoor or Indeed. And read about our recent award, UMBC is a 2022 Great College to Work for…. In every category.
A hybrid telework schedule may be available.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with program directors, faculty members, the Office of Field Experience and Clinical Practice (OFECP), and Professional Development Schools (PDS) to design, edit, evaluate, and implement assessments and rubrics for program improvement, accreditation purposes, and internal Department/University and external reporting needs.
- Maintain working relationships with stakeholders through regular communication through emails, facilitation of monthly assessment committee meetings, Maryland Assessment Collaborative, and Maryland edTPA Collaborative meetings to keep abreast of and to draft and implement changes to accreditation standards and state and local reporting needs.
- Act as primary steward of program data for accreditation, state and local reporting needs, and intern placement purposes.
- Manage and organize Department datasets related to OFECP and program accreditation using multiple assessment system data platforms (e.g. Tk20; edTPA, Airtable); these include admissions/applications, completer, graduation, employment, OFECP partners across districts, and alumni assessment and tracking, and edTPA datasets.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data and provide cohesive feedback to the Chair, assessment committee, and Department manager. Maintain key assignment binders, guide GA monitoring of teacher candidate and stakeholder Tk20 responsibilities.
- In collaboration with accrediting agencies, Department, and national, state and local officials, implement and report changes related to accreditation, assessments, and rubrics.
- Serve as technical liaison between Tk20/Watermark and department faculty, staff and OFECP which includes its PDS Mentors, Supervisors, Liaisons, and students interns; manage Tk20 Assessments and run reports; act as manager of Department edTPA accounts, provide professional development and administrative support for school/district partners; provide drop-in support for teacher candidates. Conduct edTPA and PRAXIS professional development across programs and students.
- Represent the Department at assessment-related workshops and conferences. Assist with accreditation agency visit logistics and coordination of Department accreditation activities and planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One year (1) of experience in statistics, assessment, and quantitative and qualitative research; one (1) year of administrative experience, data management.
- Outstanding customer service skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable using technology.
- Commitment to strict confidentiality of data, assessment processes, and fidelity to Department Leadership directives.
- Master’s degree or above and one year experience working in Academia
- Two to five years of extensive experience with education program assessment, teacher education, databases, intern/mentor/supervisor professional development, accuracy in statistics, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Upload a resume. A cover letter is optional
||Open Until Filled
UMBC offers a rich benefits package.
Regular and grant funded regular positions (Full benefits summary click here):
Generous Leave which includes accruing:
- 22 Days of Annual Leave
- 15 Days of Sick Leave
- 15 Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 8 credit hours per semester
- Tuition remission at UMBC for eligible dependents after two years of FT employment
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plans (including the choice of joining the pension plan)
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness opportunities
- & Much more
Contingent II positions may include some benefits.
Benefits offered align with type (Regular, Contingent II, etc.) of position.
||Salary starts at $55,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
| Equal Opportunity Statement:
||UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
||As an institution that receives federal financial assistance, UMBC adheres to Title IX and does not discriminate on the basis of sex. For more information about Title IX and contact information for Title IX Coordinator click here.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 410-455-2337 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
||As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.